Home Diagnostic Tool Kit for the Mac User
The Home Diagnostic Tool Kit will assist students running MyLabs at home to ensure their system is set up to run MyLabs on their Mac at optimum performance. The tool performs a series of diagnostic checks on the machine and then provides feedback.
To run the Home Diagnostic Tool, you need to download the HomeMacDiag.dmg file to your hard drive. Follow the steps below to download and run the Home Diagnostic Tool Kit.
- Click here to download the Home Diagnostic Tool Kit.
- If prompted, click the Save button.
- Save the file to a location on your Desktop (or other location on your hard drive).
- Locate the file HomeMacDiag.dmg on your Desktop (or other location on your hard drive) and then double-click it to access the HomeMacDiag file
- DoubleClick the HomeMacDiag icon to open the Home Diagnostic Tool Kit
- Click Scan Machine to run the diagnostic tool.
- If Warning appears for any of the checks, click on the word Warning for further help and instructions from Pearson's support resources.
- Once you have adjusted settings for any Warnings, scan your machine again.
- You can save a copy of the diagnostic report to your hard drive by clicking Export Report.